Flying Roboport - Doesn't occupy spaces

A Roboport that stays floating on your factory. It does not take up space from your factory.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

g Better balancing?

5 years ago

Normally I'd just edit this myself, but the source isn't available. Here's my suggestions for making this a bit more balanced:

1. Science cost of 100 is 'ok', but wall it behind at least blue science, though for the power it gives you, gold science is more reasonable. This is something a person would use late game to make megabasing less of a pain.
  2. Change the drain from 50KW (same as a normal roboport) to at least 62KW (50 + 4*3, the power draw of the 4 idling logi bots holding it in the air). However 1MW seems more realistic of a power draw, and even 4MW could be argued. This is a heavy object. It's going to take quite a bit of power to keep it in the air. The power draw is what helps balance it.

Beyond these two minor gripes, thanks for making this mod. It's exactly what I was after to make my megabase builds less frustrating. :)

5 years ago

GREAT Kingdud... I will release with this suggestions. Really much more reasonable. THANKS!!! i starting put in 200kW, lets see if its ok...

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

One other thing I found, if you add the line:
selection_priority = 51,

to the definition of the entity (type = roboport, name = flying-roboport <--that section) then it will fix the issue where a flying roboport on top of a beacon, or basically any other entity, becomes unselectable.

5 years ago

Hi Kingdud!!! That's perfect... i will update now!

4 years ago

Would it be possible to have a slider in mod settings for the power drain? Personally, I want 4MW so there can be a reason to not use the flying one all the time.

New response