Fluid Level Indicator

Numerical display showing the fluid/gas level in a system. It can also measure flow.

Tweaks
a month ago
Fluids

b [Done] Alt mode

1 year, 1 month ago

A useful mod, I’ll use it with pleasure, but there is an inconvenient nuance, in the alternative mode, the designation of a drop of liquid in the pipe overlaps the numbers, it’s problematic to make out something on the indicator display.

1 year, 1 month ago

I am looking into this, but I do not see a way to remove the icon. I am testing some other workarounds.

1 year, 1 month ago

And if you make the node not one segment, but a cross, into 5 cells? then the symbol will move one cell and will not interfere, at the same time you can increase the font size. Or make variations on 3 cells vertically and horizontally + crossroads.

1 year, 1 month ago

That's a good idea, I will make a larger version and see how it looks. I like the idea of a 3 long pipe maybe the screen could be off to the side then. It does look a little small at the moment, unless you are really closely zoomed in.

1 year, 1 month ago

Hey, I have come up with a fix for the alt-mode problem, please update and check it out!

1 year, 1 month ago

Yes, the problem with the alt mode is gone, great job, but the numbers have shifted up, you need to move them 2 pixels (approximately) down and for some reason my numbers are very blurry, perhaps due to the screen resolution, I play at 1920x1080, the Space Exploration mod, I will the test is still in space.

1 year, 1 month ago

Uhm, it looks pretty bad at that resolution indeed. I will do some testing and see what I can do to improve it.
I am running it at 3840x2160 and the text is very sharp like on the screenshots. The text location unfortunately also slightly shifts around based on the zoom level, but that is just how it is rendered by the game.

1 year, 1 month ago

The problem is with the way fonts are rendered in Factorio. I tried changing the font size and scaling but it still looked quite bad. Using sprites would be a better option but that would require me to rewrite the entire mod.
For now I added an option to use the default font in the game which looks a lot better (update to v0.5.0). The font can only be changed before loading the game in the mod settings.
I will keep thinking about ways to improve this, but for now this is already going to look much better at that resolution.

1 year, 1 month ago

A plus in karma for a quick response, it really got a little better, only the offset unfortunately remained, I checked it at work at 1680x1050. At home I can check on a different resolution. As a wish - slightly increase the distance between the numbers and the% sign, at least try it, in your opinion, it may become more readable.

1 year, 1 month ago

I had some time today and added sprites, I think it is much better now at lower resolutions. You have to change the font rendering in the mod settings before you load the game to 'sprites'. Please try it and let me know how you like it!

1 year, 1 month ago

Excellent result!! With sprites, the display looks perfect at any resolution. I write the mod to my piggy bank "be sure to install it."
P.S. It works flawlessly with pipes in space, I have not observed any conflicts.

1 year, 1 month ago

I am glad! :)

New response