Flow Control

by GotLag

Adds pipes with restricted connections, and several useful valves.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

g thanks for the mod

4 years ago

I was hesitant to use this mod because you never know when the devs put out an update that render this mod unusable, and the maker of the mod (gotlag) stops playing factorio so we stop getting an update, which means I will have to do big, heavy, difficult modifications to some big blueprints that I have.

But then again, isn't that the risk to ANY update? They change recepies all the time. But that's pretty much my only issue with this mod and that's really a non-issue.

I tested (only a tiny bit) the pipes, namely the flow (speed at which liquid travels) and seems to be 1% marginally better, maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway thanks for making the mod. It does help me out and makes me wonder... why the hell did the factorio devs not make this vanilla??? i mean this mod basically works under the same exact principle as belts. You decide if a belt goes forward, left or right. But for some reason vanilla pipes just wanna stick to everything

4 years ago

You're welcome, and yes, I think the ability to have pipes not always connect should be in vanilla (whether it's a hotkey, or a special item, or something else).

Flow speed shouldn't be different in this mod - any difference is down to quirks in the game's fluid model or changes in the order you built your pipes.

4 years ago

I don't suppose that there is an easy way for you to see in-game the speed of a fluid in a pipe, is there? For example if you put pump, 1 pipe, pump, then the speed of flow/transfer through that pipe is 6000/sec. 2 pipes=3000/sec, 3=2250/sec.

It would be useful to know.

4 years ago

Not that I'm aware of. The closest you'll get is this list of theoretical maximum flow rates:
https://wiki.factorio.com/Fluid_system#Pipelines

New response