Flare Stack

by GotLag

Adds structures to dispose of unwanted items and fluids.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Flare Stack cannot completely empty a tank

5 years ago

Hello. I have a request. I'm trying to use Flare Stack in combination with LTN, to clear Fluid Wagons returning to the depot with fluid still in the tanks. It ALMOST works. The problem I'm having is that Flare Stack cannot completely get rid of the contents. For example, if there is 103.5 units of fuel in the tank, and I've set the burn rate to 100, then after one process it will burn 100 units off; i.e., leave 3.5 units left.

The problem is, that this last 3.5 units never gets processed - it will sit in the tanks / pipes forever (or at least, until it somehow once again equals or exceeds, in my example, 100). I'd like Flare Stack to burn off that remnant, reduce it to zero. Note when I say "Flare Stack," it could be a Flare Stack, or a Gas Vent, or the like.

Is this possible?

Thanks for the great mod,

PSquared1234

5 years ago

I'm not the mod author,
But as I understand it the flare stacks are just assemblers with an empty output.
That means they need a set amount of whatever they are to burn to be there.
i.e. 100 lubricant gets turned into nothing, and 3.5 lubricant is then loaded waiting for 96.5 more of the same.
One could reduce the amount of items needed to start a craft, but that would either slow the process down or potentially have negative consequences for UPS.

4 years ago

I wonder if there's a way to make it change recipe on the fly. It could use the bulk recipe most of the time, but if there's very little fluid at the input it can swap over to one that takes 0.1 fluid or something

4 years ago

That would require adding periodic checks to each flare stack, which I'm reluctant to do because it adds complexity and performance overheads

3 years ago

P_Squared +1, the same problem.. Can't proceed if u have 0.1 or 0 (!!!) of some gases or liquids, just stacks :( Don't understand how to get it with pumps, stacks at all... How are you solve it comrads? Maybe it possible to sort liquids/gases in tubes with connected some sorting tanks and pumps?..

New response