Flare Stack

by GotLag

Adds structures to dispose of unwanted items and fluids.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g fluidbox base area must now be greater than 0.

6 years ago

error on loading with factorio 16.24 due to changes made.
error while loading entity prototype "flare-stack"(furnace): fluidbox base area must be greater than 0.
at ROOT.furnace.flare-stack.fluid_boxes[1]
Modifications: Flare Stack > Increased Rates > Squeak Through

several other mods trigger this error as well, and i'll report to them, too.
per release notes on version: 0.16.24 "Fixed that you could define a fluidbox height of 0"

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

FYI, I was able to load the mod after editing line 120 of "prototypes/entities.lua" from:

base_area = 0,

to:

base_area = 1,

I have no idea the ramifications of this change, but I was able to load the a save game that used the flare stack and it still worked (burned off fluids).

6 years ago

This worked for me as well. I think it relates to the patch notes where "Fixed that you could define a fluidbox height of 0."

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

quickdo yes, that's what i did as well; you did the right thing. it was, for the most part, a non issue, but under specific circumstances, (like if mod A tries to modify mod B's pipes by halving all their volume, this could cause problems) permitting the base area to be zero could create a scenario where a mod attempts division by zero, and processors don't like that.

6 years ago

and jarquafelmu, yes, that's why i wrote in the subject line (and again in my original post): fluidbox base area must now be greater than 0, per the release notes. :3

New response