Fill4Me

by kovus

Fill4Me will automatically insert fuel and/or ammunition from your main inventory into entities when you place them. It is mod-agnostic and will learn about items & entities in other mods. It is an alternative to the Autofill mod.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Suggestion: reload & rotate, same key

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I tried changing the reload key to just "R", because I don't think you can rotate turrets or vehicles, so re-using the same key is nifty.

Well, I could no longer rotate buildings. This is because in data.lua, line 6, you've set consuming = "game-only", which blocks vanilla game inputs using the same key sequence.

I suggest changing line 6 to consuming = "none", which should allow the vanilla rotate input to go through.

And now, I'm going to re-use this post to go on a rant:
I noticed that I can evaporate biter bases by placing dozens of turrets on top of them. This is overpowered, but I don't think Fill4Me is the problem. Realistically, you shouldn't be able to place a giant turret from your inventory, you should have to build it. Factorio involves a lot of symbolism, like, "look, we're not going to make you watch a build animation for your buildings: let's just assume you built it successfully and skip to that part of the story." It's basically the opposite of "real-time strategy". But biters are the real-time strategy part of the game, the one part of the game where you shouldn't be allowed to "skip to the part where the turret is finished building and is loaded with ammo".

So, I found a mod to make the game perfectly, 100% realistic: Build Time by Klonan isn't updated and has bug reports, but AAI Programmable Vehicles makes it so you can't place turrets within range of a nest! So, that's my solution 'till a mod like Build Time is updated. :)

Good luck on your travels, modders!

EDIT: replaced deprecated code

3 years ago

Some turrets would be rotatable. In the base game, this is basically the fire turret, which of course isn't actually able to be reloaded. Some mods also have rotatable turrets.

That said, I'll look into your suggestion. Long as it works as expected, I'll get it updated.

New response