Factory Search

Search your factory for items, fluids, entities, signals, tags and more with Shift + F. Displays a list of matching buildings: clicking on a result opens it in the map. Supports Space Exploration (works across all surfaces). Control + Shift + Click on almost anything (e.g. built entity, inventory item, recipe) to open the search with that item selected. Similar to BeastFinder and Where is it Made?

Utilities
4 months ago

g Search Refinements

3 months ago

Hi there, thanks for the excellent mod, I use it all the time.

One thing I occasionally want to do that it doesn't seem to support is to search by the properties of an entity. My use case is that I want to find all of my containers that have buffered too much because they don't have inventory limits, but I can imagine (more or less contorted) examples for any arbitrary property.

If you think this fits into your vision for the mod I'd be happy to implement it, if you can give me some time and maybe some pointers as to how you'd like it done.

3 months ago

Thanks for the suggestions. Indeed I've had several requests for super-specific features that I could add (e.g. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/FactorySearch/discussion/643bcb9c98df53db7d3c7605), but if I was to attempt a GUI for every single thing like that, it would be a never-ending task, and massively over-complicate the GUI.

Keeping the GUI simple is my number one priority, so the only feature like this I'd be happy to entertain is some sort of 'advanced' text entry box (either hidden with a drop-down button, or under Mod settings) which allows you to add a filter like result.active == true and result.get_inventory(defines.inventory.container).is_empty(). This line of lua would be executed by the mod using load (I think factorioi allows this), and since it uses the standard lua api (https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/classes/LuaEntity.html) it should be possible to search anything you want to.

3 months ago

You're welcome to implement it - feel free to discuss this further on my discord if we want to get into the UI details.

New response