Factory Search

Search your factory for items, fluids, entities, signals, tags and more with Shift + F. Displays a list of matching buildings: clicking on a result opens it in the map. Supports Space Exploration (works across all surfaces). Control + Shift + Click on almost anything (e.g. built entity, inventory item, recipe) to open the search with that item selected. Similar to BeastFinder and Where is it Made?

Utilities
2 months ago

i [Declined] Improvements in space exploration

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

I am a Chinese player who does not understand English. I am using Baidu Translate to communicate with you. Please understand

Under normal circumstances, after searching for and locating an item, it will jump to the location of the item in map mode to view, and then press M to return to the original perspective. Right.
Playing space exploration, using BeastFinder can also locate items normally in map mode, and the shortcut key m can return to the original perspective. A faster method is to click on the mini map to return.

But when you click on the item location in your Factory Search, it will locate the item from a satellite perspective. You need to press the N key once to return to the original perspective. Clicking on the small map in the upper right corner cannot return to the original perspective. Can you make some improvements? Thank you.

It's just like this when playing space exploration, and other large mods won't have this problem.

8 months ago

Yes, in SE it opens results in the navsat (once unlocked) rather than the map. I imagine most people press M for map and N for navsat, rather than clicking on the minimap, so I don't think there's any significant difference in speed between exiting them. If you need a GUI button, there is a way to exit navsat from the navsat pop-up GUI (I think if you hover your mouse over the navsat icon in that GUI, it will turn into an "X" you can press?).

Using the navsat is the only way I can make results on other planets viewable, so I couldn't use map for that. For consistency, I decided that all results will open in navsat. (And in SE, navsat is more useful than map mode anyway).

In summary, I won't be changing this.

New response