Factory Search

Search your factory for items, fluids, entities, signals, tags and more with Shift + F. Displays a list of matching buildings: clicking on a result opens it in the map. Supports Space Exploration (works across all surfaces). Control + Shift + Click on almost anything (e.g. built entity, inventory item, recipe) to open the search with that item selected. Similar to BeastFinder and Where is it Made?

Utilities
4 months ago

i [Completed-1.10.9] Filtered Categories

1 year, 9 months ago

The question came up if it would be possible to filter specific categories from search. Practical case has the whole category of Crafting Combinator Signals which most people would like to filter out as they have the same name and icon as the icon you actually look for, so it is easy to confuse.

Ideally filter on what is already selected since it does not make much sense to search for Products with a Signal? Not sure if that that is possible.

1 year, 9 months ago

Sadly it isn't possible to filter the selection GUI when used with mode=Signal. There's definitely an API request out there but I can't find it right now :(

1 year, 9 months ago

Yeah, expected it, its probably very specific to our setup with Py and CC where it becomes really annoying.

Now, I am tasked with the scenario suggesting "Shift+F" every times somebody sends the word "where" to chat. But in general the feedback is extremely positive and I think without it, it would have turned off a lot more people already.

1 year, 9 months ago

Now, I am tasked with the scenario suggesting "Shift+F" every times somebody sends the word "where" to chat

Sounds like something that could be automated ;)

Or i could add make the GUI pop up automatically whenever you type “where” in the chat lmao
Most passive aggressive mod ever.

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

Well actually, It shouldn’t be too hard to make it work with the crafting combinator things anyway. Or at least give a clear error.

New response