Factory Search

Search your factory for items, fluids, entities, signals, tags and more with Shift + F. Displays a list of matching buildings: clicking on a result opens it in the map. Supports Space Exploration (works across all surfaces). Control + Shift + Click on almost anything (e.g. built entity, inventory item, recipe) to open the search with that item selected. Similar to BeastFinder and Where is it Made?

Utilities
2 months ago

b [Fixed-1.10.3] Crash when clicking on result container in SE 0.5.30

1 year, 10 months ago

Hi!
I'm playing with a heavily modded save, basically it's SE+K2 and some smaller mods. Let me know if further details are important.

I was searching for an item on all surfaces in storage containers, and got a result, which is a medium SE container 30m away from my character. When I clicked on that container in the search window, I received the following error message:

The mod Factory Search (1.10.2) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event FactorySearch::on_gui_click (ID 1)
No such function: space-exploration.remote_view_is_unlocked
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'call'
    __FactorySearch__/scripts/result-location.lua:139: in function 'open'
    __FactorySearch__/scripts/gui.lua:692: in function <__FactorySearch__/scripts/gui.lua:661>

By the way, your mod is super useful, thanks for making it! I just came back from a longer break, and totally forgot where did I put my thruster suite, but now I have some help in finding it.

A suggestion: make it possible to not search immediately on changing a filter, but only when pressing an "apply" button.
The reason this would be useful is that on large saves, especially with multiple surfaces searching can take relatively a lot of time, and the way it works now is that it does a search multiple times before being able to set the final search parameters.

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

Are you playing on an SE version before 0.5.52 by any chance? That's the only way I could see this crash occurring.

A suggestion: make it possible to not search immediately on changing a filter, but only when pressing an "apply" button.
The reason this would be useful is that on large saves, especially with multiple surfaces searching can take relatively a lot of time, and the way it works now is that it does a search multiple times before being able to set the final search parameters.

Agreed that it is not ideal, but I'm very reluctant to clutter up the GUI with another button. You can always clear the search item (right click on it), change the selected modes, then reselect the search item.

1 year, 10 months ago

Are you playing on an SE version before 0.5.52 by any chance?

Yes, I use SE 0.5.30.
There are a lot of updates from a lot of mods, and didn't yet have the patience to read over the changelogs of bigger mods. I also don't have the courage to blindly update and see what breaks.

Agreed that it is not ideal, but I'm very reluctant to clutter up the GUI with another button. You can always clear the search item (right click on it), change the selected modes, then reselect the search item.

I'm fine with that, thanks!

1 year, 10 months ago

Are you playing on an SE version before 0.5.52 by any chance?

Yes, I use SE 0.5.30.

Ok, I'll push out an update to this later today that fixes it :)

You can safely update SE and SE-graphics mods to anything before 0.6 without breaking anything. You can go to 0.6 but that will require rebuilding parts of your factory (https://spaceexploration.miraheze.org/wiki/Updating_to_Space_Exploration_v0.6.x).

1 year, 10 months ago

Ok, I'll push out an update to this later today that fixes it :)

Thanks!

You can safely update SE and SE-graphics mods to anything before 0.6 without breaking anything. You can go to 0.6 but that will require rebuilding parts of your factory (https://spaceexploration.miraheze.org/wiki/Updating_to_Space_Exploration_v0.6.x).

Thanks for letting me know! :)

1 year, 10 months ago

Fixed now in v1.10.3 (even though I forgot to add it to the changelog!)

1 year, 10 months ago

Can confirm, does not crash anymore.

Thanks again!

New response