Factory Search

Search your factory for items, fluids, entities, signals, tags and more with Shift + F. Displays a list of matching buildings: clicking on a result opens it in the map. Supports Space Exploration (works across all surfaces). Control + Shift + Click on almost anything (e.g. built entity, inventory item, recipe) to open the search with that item selected. Similar to BeastFinder and Where is it Made?

Utilities
2 months ago

b [Completed-1.8.0] Green bounding boxes not cleared after closing gui

2 years ago

It seems that once I use this mod, there will always be a green box highlighting some entity, even if I close Factory Search's GUI or clear the search itself.

..oh, it does clear after some time has passed. still, might be nice to atleast have the option to insta-clear as soon as the GUI is closed or something.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Yeah I considered that, but I'm not really a fan of having such not-very-important options, and I don't think that always clearing them as soon as the GUI is closed would be the best behaviour. I will make it so that they clear when you clear the search, because they currently clear when you make a new search. I was planning to reduce the lifetime anyway as well - it is currently 20 seconds, but I think something around 12 seconds would be better.

I'm always happy to receive feedback though :)

[It has now been changed to 12s]

2 years ago

This is now an option in v1.8.0.

New response