Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

i Lock down feature

3 years ago

Request to add in lock down feature (enabled/disabled) on a per user basis. All factories to beable to allow all or only the builder to enter the inside of the building.

Only thing i can think of is to stop folks from circumventing such a feature by mining it, is with edition of another mod that stops non owners of buildings from deconstructing said structure(s).

3 years ago

You can prevent deconstruction by putting players on different forces. This does not prevent players on different forces from entering buildings, and it also does not prevent players from just destroying buildings with weapons. Do you have a particular use case in mind?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Just a idea like the mobile factory mod. Where you can lock the mobile factory down from anyone else using or interacting with for "safety" or security purposes. Would be more like "im running a mini base on a server but i wanna ensure my assets are protected during production" this doesn't protect it from destruction or what not but other mods or lua scripting ingame can handle that. Requesting the feature instead of ripping it out of mobile factory and putting it in factorissimo2.

But inshort i intend to make multiple nested bases and some things i dislike when folks go to town and clean up my uber mess that i've made. Normally i like struggling and coping with figuring out my own issue with out having to politely/rudely tell them to "stop coming in and breaking everything". lol.

Hadn't thought of the method mentioned specifically because it doesn't prevent player entry into the said structure(thats unlocked). Now for simplicity the lock down feature would just lock all factories attached to said player. As for clean up i assume enabling only admins to circumvent/remove said factories in the event of trolling w/trying to spam them and keep them everywhere (just to be a pain) but i highly doubt it, thanks to the public white list to stop trolls on verified servers (and unverified) we started back on build 16.x. Anywho im hoping you'd be willing, otherwise i'd be given permission to just make a fork of your factorissimo2 strictly to add in the feature requested.

Edit: Another reason is, i don't wanna go building something up to just have the risk of someone coming over and taking the building and crapping all over my time invested in said building build up.

3 years ago

I've added a setting that prevents players on allied and/or enemy forces from entering your force's buildings. By default it is set to allow everyone in.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Can you add in the ability to enable toggleable on/off for those features on the factorio itself upon hovering over said factory structure? Or do we have to modify the original configs every time to get that effect?

Edit: Thanks again for even adding the feature to begin with, its greatly appreciated

3 years ago

Right now you'll have to just toggle the option in settings whenever you want to change it (keep in mind that the new settings are per-map, not per-player or per-force). For more fine-grained control you could just change a player's force instead, via console or the use of some other mod. I don't plan on making this toggleable on the scale you want, it's a very uncommon use case and it's just not in or near the intended scope of the mod. Sorry about that.

3 years ago

That is totally okay, is it okay to make a fork off of yours and just include the feature i would like to implement?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Yeah sure, go ahead, you can ask me here if you have questions about the code.

Once you're finished, please do not publish your fork on the mod portal, since that would require giving your fork a different mod name, making it impossible for players to just switch out one fork for another in a savefile, and you likely don't want the burden of mirroring my updates forever.

Also Factorio 1.1 just dropped and I'll need to update for compatibility anyway, so you might want to wait until I do that before you fork.

3 years ago

ahh okay. How do i get the server to auto pull mod updates? And yeah doing manual changes would be confusing for me. Already doing mass mod compatability is already confusing me. Yeah i apprecaite letting me know.

3 years ago

You can't auto-pull mod updates if the mod version in question isn't on the mod portal. You will need to distribute the edited mod to the server and to all players manually.

3 years ago

hmm okay. Thanks for the input, was afraid of manual distribution over automated method. Thanks for the suggestion.

New response