Factorissimo2

Factorissimo adds factory buildings to Factorio. Place them down, walk in, build your factories inside!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1

b Recursion option is not working now.

6 years ago

Weird. Uncheck "Hide recursion tech", press "Apply", then check it again and press "Apply" again, then it should be hidden again. If not, report back.

6 years ago

Yes, it did hide after I did that. How odd.

6 years ago

Ok, this is getting VERY annoying. Recursion tech keeps coming back EVERY time I start the game up. I don't know if its mod updates that cause it to reset, or if its just every time I load my save file, I think save cause I recall it showing up but I don't think I had updated anything that time. Its extremely irritating.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I suppose you have another mod that messes with enabled/disabled technologies whenever the mod configuration changes. Can you give me your mod list?

6 years ago

https://pastebin.com/ej7rAthp
If only there was a way for me to save my mod list as a downloadable list to all the mods here. Of course two are mods that are unpacked and being altered on occasion but neither mess with your settings, or they shouldn't at least. Bob's Greenhouse with settings I added and my own Alternative Starts mod.

6 years ago

I'll be disabling this mod for a bit anyway, I haven't really needed it lately with my current gameplay style. I don't think it would work properly the way I'd want it to if I went 100% to my normal gameplay preference (all bots).

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Mod settings are read-only through the Lua API. My mod setting isn't changed, but some mod must have some code that explicitly reenables technologies whenever some event happens (probably on_configuration_changed). After all, the recursion technologies are only hidden from the tech tree and not completely removed (because per-map settings are way more convenient than per-launch settings, but only per-launch settings can actually delete technologies), so other mods can in theory hop in and do their own showing/hiding.

6 years ago

There shouldn't be any mod doing this, but perhaps it would be better to use a startup setting for this instead, I mean its not like the person would be wanting to toggle this all the time after all.

6 years ago

What about if they're playing multiplayer on a no-recursion server but are playing a singleplayer game with recursion on the side? They'd have to change their startup settings and restart every time they want to switch from the server to their singleplayer game and back again. The recursion setting is an important part of the savegame, so that's where I put it.

New response