FTweaks

by Reika

Tweaks the game to either fix minor issues, add QoL features, or make larger changes to game behavior.

Tweaks
1 year, 6 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Prevents endgame dialogue and all associated "end of game" type achievements.

6 years ago

Appears your mod (after much testing, and narrowing down: I troubleshooted by loading up a world ready to load a rocket with various selections of mods to test for end game dialogue and achievement processing: both your mod, as well as orbital ion cannon (exclusive to each other), if either are loaded, prevents the endgame dialogue or any associated achievements from being processed. I understand this could be by design as your mod only really provides content for after that rocket launches (biter attacks and such), but due to the way many of the achievements function, and the "end of game" being determined by the launch of a rocket, and any play afterwards shouldn't necessarily count "against" those achievements, i feel a different method should be looked for. Unless, there is some other way to trigger "end game" with this mod installed that still enables the calculation of those achievements, players wishing to get any of those cannot do so with this mod (or orbital ion cannon) installed.

6 years ago

i figured out that orbital ion cannon also causes the same inability to complete certain achievements or get the end-game dialogue pretty early and have also contacted the author of that mod. My personal suggestion, if a functional solution can't be found within the modding ability or due to API limitation, is to just make a note somewhere in the mod's description to let players know that it actually prevents the game from "technically" ending, so they won't be able to get any of those achievements : although, arguably, they should try and do those without any mods in the first place, but who am i to say what is cheaty, and what isn't? :3

6 years ago

I would not know how to disable this dialogue or achievement if I tried.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

okay, may have been an issue with a world created in a previous version of factorio itself, i looked into it more, and another mod author mentioned that the silo code changed between v15 and v16.
Just ran a new, clean world and everything seemed to run the way it should. just....lost that old world file (factorio itself may be to blame for failing to migrate the silo code from v15 to v16 if a world was created in earlier version. This was probably compounded somehow by removing and re-adding mods once they, themselves updated to v16. this resulted in a world that could not reach end-state unless i literally took off all/or most content-adding mods.

6 years ago

(other instances or occurrences of save corruption have been getting reported to factorio, and is actually mentioned (although of a different nature-Klonan mentions entity corruption and tile corruption) in this weeks FF. (#228 - High resolution turrets), so i'll say it is possible, even likely that my testing was not without fault. I've got another bug report, an interaction between FTweaks and AAI industry, but i think that may actually be caused by AAI as the last update was a month ago.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

but when it loads with AAI industry, you get a recipe prototype error.
it errors when trying to modify the burner-mining-drill to electric recipe.

6 years ago

i found something else out too, if the first rocket launch containing a satellite does not contain a single satellite ONLY, end game will not trigger. you can give as many as you want to later rockets,but if the first rocket you launch that HAS a satellite in it has, two satellites? nope. the game will forever be in a permanently-"unbeatable" state.

6 years ago

the end-state is very specific, the end-of-game dialogue only seems to appear if the first rocket launched with a satellite contains ONLY one satellite.

6 years ago

ugh. i can't believe that took me almost two weeks to figure out