Fully Automated Rail Layer

Fully automated rail-layer

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Trains

g curved rails are "sleepy" rails... why? and can this be changed?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Ok I'm using FARL for the first time and think it's a great mod. It's going to save me lots of time :)

The questions: why is FARL not putting in normal rails for non-curved rails but "sleepy" rails for curved rails?
Is there an easy way to change this?

I thought FARL was just placing a ghost for the curved rails, so I kept going back and removing the ghost and putting real rails.
Finally the thought occurred to me "hey but the train went over the turn so WTF?"
I moused over the rail "ghost" and it turns out it wasn't a ghost but a real rail but it was "sleepy" rail.
There's an option I found earlier to convert rails between normal and sleepy but I'd never used it or tried it even.

My inner OCD isn't happy with the difference though I can shove it down and live with it
But is there any way to make FARL layout normal curved rails?

Either way thanks again for the great mod.

3 years ago

What's a sleepy rail? Do you have a mod that adds another type of rail?

3 years ago

Hi, i am having the same problem, the rail is from this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/naked-rails_se Also i uninstalled that "naked-rails_se" mod and now i am getting errors in the game chat form your mod if i am trying to turn because it still wants to use the other mods Track. Hope you can fix it.

3 years ago

Thanks for the reports, should be fixed in the latest version

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Nice, thanks for the fast fix

3 years ago

thanks,
as for what a sleepy rail is: short answer is that it's a rail but without the stone/gravel graphics under the rail.

If you hit "Shift-B" it pops open a little button palette
in there you will find 2 buttons, for dealing with railse

1 - convert normal rail to as "sleepy" rail by removing all stone/gravel from the graphics
2 - convert a "sleepified" rail back to a normal one

New response