Fully Automated Rail Layer

Fully automated rail-layer

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Trains

b [solved]Migration error on new(0.17) saved game

5 years ago

I've started a new game, without any mods. Later on, I enabled FARL but I gives the following error:

Error while applying migration: Fully Automated Rail Layer: 2016-09-28_FARL_0.6.1.lua

FARL/migrations/2016-09-28_FARL_0.6.1.lua:8: attempt to index field 'farl-roboport' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
FARL/migrations/2016-09-28_FARL_0.6.1.lua:8: in main chunk

If you need anything else to fix it, let me know.

5 years ago

Please post a complete list of mods you are using (but it sounds like you're only trying to use FARL.
The only reason for 'farl-roboport' to be nil if is another mod changes something related to equipment stuff.

Ideally upload the save somewhere, the test i created works fine. I created a vanilla save, researched rail signals (that's needed for the line of code to be actually executed), saved the game, enabled FARL, restart, load the save.

5 years ago

So, i just loaded the save (with all mods) with Factorio 0.17.9 really hoping for a crash. But it loads fine for me.
So i have no clue what is going on. I searched all files in the mods for 'roboport-equipment' the stuff that came up doesn't look suspicious.
There's a couple of things you can try:
- Delete FARL (and maybe all other mods) and download them again (the sync mods with save is soo good :D)
- Disable all mods except the base mod and FARL. If the save loads enable half of the other mods, if it loads enable a couple more mods until it doesn't. Then disable each mod one by one until it loads again, so we know which one it is.

If all fails you can try to hit me up an Factorios discord https://discord.gg/43uhqK @Choumiko
I will be online for 2-3 more hours and then most of Saturday and Sunday, then i can load your latest save and send it back to you with FARL in it (in case you haven't played on it yet: https://github.com/Choumiko/FARL/files/2947312/new017withFARL.zip ) But i'd really like you to try and do the steps above first, there is something strange going on :)

5 years ago

I'm an idiot :D
I forgot that FARL has a startup setting to disable the farl-roboport. Should be fixed in the latest update

5 years ago

Great! I'll try it and let you know.

Thank you.

5 years ago

Fixed! Thank you.

New response