Fully automated rail-layer

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Trains

i F.A.R.L. with ShuttleTrain mod?

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

First of all, thanks for your beautiful, extremely needed mods, Choumiko!

Didn't find any discussions about this so... Would you care to make FARL work with Shuttle train, where FARL is first, then goes the shuttle, then cargo? Now, as I understand it, FARL can't get building items from cargo wagons, if there is a shuttle train between them.

It would be fantastic to request my autofilled FARL train via Shuttle controls and just ride it inspecting the railroad, without the need to control the train all the time. Here is the link to the mod, just in case: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/simwir/ShuttleTrain.

Thanks in advance!

6 years ago

FARL can access the items from anywhere in the train. It's enough if you have a FARL locomotive anywhere in the train (for the normal mode at least).
So a shuttle train in front and the a FARL (where you get in to use it) should work just fine.
You should also be able to craft a FARL module and put it in the grid of the shuttle train (In the fuel tab of the locomotives gui). That way you don't even need a FARL locomotive but can use it right from the shuttle train.

Let me know if it works, i currently don't have a 0.14 version installed and am a bit lazy at 1am ;)

New response