EvolutionThroughResearch

The evolution value of enemies is equal to the ratio of how much science you have finished.

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

b Bugs with Discovery Tree

2 years ago

I am using your mod and Discovery Tree (for interest) and faced with the problem that initially we see literally a couple of pieces of technology, but when we study one, it will already be around 7-10% of the evolution of snapper, when studying, for example, five, their evolution will be equal to 30-50%, although this is literally 5 studies out of 500 possible. That is, their evolution will constantly fluctuate in different directions, which creates difficulties in the stage of the game when there are not even turrets. Please make the work compatible with Discovery Tree.

2 years ago

Hello,

sorry, i don't think i can solve this. Discovery Tree sets unwanted technologies to "disabled", and enables them later dynamically. My mod ignores technologies which are "disabled", therefore the count used for evolution is off.
It is done this way because disabled technologies are not normally part of the gameplay.
Also, there are also popular mods who intentionally add disabled technologies, in order to unlock them through scripts, for example
"Quality of Life research"
(which is also in your modpack if i see it right). I'm sure there are more, its just the first i found.
I also utilize disabling technologies in my (not yet released) mods.
I feel like this will open up a lot of compability issues to adapt this.

2 years ago

Then you will be able to add the ability to set the number of technologies manually? For example, if I turn on the setting myself and set the value to the number of studies from my modpack? Let's say 1820. So that, in the case of installing DiscoveryTree, the mod itself worked perfectly due to the fact that we already have a pre-prepared number. And there already give a trigger that if the technology is studied, then just +1 to the variable (I assume so)

2 years ago

i will give that a try

2 years ago

i gave it a try:
https://github.com/funjobie/FactorioMods/tree/main/EvolutionThroughResearch_ConstMax
seems to work (did not try it with other mods, just by itself). But it looks too modpack specific for me to bring into the main version.
However if you want to bring it onto the portal and maintain that, feel free to do so (i am using unlicense, no restrictions on anything). An alternative would be to integrate it directly into the modpack mod; its not a lot of code.

2 years ago

All right, thank you. Later I will test it in my modpack and upload a version with a constant.

2 years ago

Is this update out to the mod yet? because i just started a game K2 + IR2 and the evo jumped upto 0.7 (havent researched turrets yet)

9 months ago

https://github.com/funjobie/FactorioMods/tree/main/EvolutionThroughResearch_ConstMax
Add this mod as a separate one to the mod portal (much needed, people do not trust mods that are not in the mod portal and refuse to play).

New response