Evolution Reduction via Destruction 1.1

by De7ilx

Have you ever wondered how distroying alien spawners ended up helping the aliens evolve? Or have you ever wanted a way to reduce the alien evolution factor? Or do you sometimes want to be left in peace to build your factories, but find peaceful mode a little too easy? This MOD solves these problems :) Destroying alien bases will reduce alien evolution This MOD is designed to introduce a new difficulty level between Peaceful and Normal

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

i Adding menu for mod settings

3 years ago

Hi De7ilx. Thank you for keeping this mod alive and updated. I have had a lot of fun with this mod, but I found that I usually want to adjust the evolution reduction rate as I hit mid or late game. I tweaked this mod on my computer back on version 17.2, but I never got around to sharing the change. I updated my fork to 1.0 and put it on github. If you are interested, feel free to merge my changes with the master mod.

Github of updated changes:
https://github.com/Kobol-Coder/Evolution-Reduction-Redux

Notes:
Adds the following settings into the mod setting menu when the mod is active:
Evolution Reduction Factor = Set to 100 to use the same reduction rate as the standard 0.18 mod. Higher numbers increase the amount of evolution reduced per destroyed enemy structure.
Reduce Evolution with Destruction of Spawner = If spawner destruction reduces evolution
Reduce Evolution with Destruction of Worms = If worm destruction reduces evolution.
Aliens Gearing For War = Increases the rate of evolution after a significant reduction in evolution occurs
Debug Mode = It turned on, print a message with the new evolution rates whenever an enemy structure is destroyed.

3 years ago

Hei Kobol,

This sounds nice. I will add it for sure.

3 years ago

Done.

3 years ago

I also invited you to collaborate. Accept if you are interested. (Incase something breaks of what you added.)

3 years ago

Hi!

I really like this mod.
Was the "Aliens Gearing For War" option already standard in the mod or was it added in this update?

I have the impression that the enemies have undergone a slight increase in evolution. I don't know if it was because of the game normally (I launched a rocket) or due to this update.

Thanks

3 years ago

No the Aliens Gearing For War was there previously. This addition only added the mod menu so you can change the value of evolution.

New response