Evolution Reduction via Destruction 1.1

by De7ilx

Have you ever wondered how distroying alien spawners ended up helping the aliens evolve? Or have you ever wanted a way to reduce the alien evolution factor? Or do you sometimes want to be left in peace to build your factories, but find peaceful mode a little too easy? This MOD solves these problems :) Destroying alien bases will reduce alien evolution This MOD is designed to introduce a new difficulty level between Peaceful and Normal

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b Very fast Evolution in 0.17

5 years ago

Hey, im not sure if this is intended, but since 0.17 your Mod increases the Evolution through Pollution a lot.
Values like: 8% Evolution after 30 Minutes in a fresh Game, with less than 20 burner Miners and Furnaces.

Took me a while to find the cause, too many mods... :p
But it looks like the Problem is your hardcoded Pollution Factor, removing that fixes the Problem.
I think the best way would be to make it dynamic to get your desired 133% increase of normal Evolution (At least thats what you commented in your Code ;) ), because at the moment it totally disables the Pollution Factor Slider in the Mapgenerator too, if i see this correctly.

5 years ago

This is not really my mod as I didn't make it originally. I just took it over when the old owner didn't update it anymore.
So I removed that factor thing of 133% since it could be broken. Now it just goes like Vanilla.
Have a look if it is better now.

5 years ago

Ah ok,
now it crashes on generating a new Map, as Line 63 in the control.lua needed the Variable you just removed.
"game.map_settings.enemy_evolution.pollution_factor = POLLUTION_FACTOR"
Comment it out or delete it and it should work. ;)

5 years ago

Did another update. I added the value back but I found out that in 0.17 the value was reduced 60 times. So I reduced it as well to new Vanilla. Hopefully, now everything works.

New response