Equipment+: Portable Engine

by daydev

Adds Portable Engine armor equipment that burns fuels to produce power.

Content
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1
Armor

g solar panels have been buffed :D

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

In 0.17 the solar panels now produce 30kW each instead of 10 kW
Though the burner is still much better since it operates at night

5 years ago

Good point, I increased the engine's production to match.

5 years ago

I think you increased it a bit too much (250kw as of writing this) - for a 2x2 entity this is a bit excessive, as the 4x4 MrFusion in vanilla only cranks out 750kw (4x of your engines = 1000kw).

I suggest lowering it to 160kw per engine, as that would still be more than 4x solar (120kw), but less than 1/4 of a Mr Fusion (750/4 = 187.5kw).

5 years ago

The thing is, the solar panels were really buffed, they're now already 2/3 as space efficient as personal fusion (not taking into account that they don't work at night, 16 x 30 = 480 kW). In a way it makes this mod kinda deprecated, if the burner generator is only marginally more efficient, why even bother given the hassle involved. So I think it's reasonable for the burner generator to now be 1/3 more space efficient than personal fusion. The personal fusion reactor remains attractive as it's only slightly less space efficient, but completely hassle free.

5 years ago

though the fusion power equipment is much more expensive

5 years ago

Just to let you know, upon further consideration, I slightly nerfed the engine to 200 kW. This still leaves it more space efficient than fusion, but only just. Also the recipe was made somewhat more expensive and to require Lubricant.

New response