Electric Transformators

by max2344

Add 5 tiers of transformators for better control over the electric supply network. The transfer power for each tier is 1MW, 10MW, 100MW, 1GW, 10GW with efficiency of ~98%

Content
2 years ago
Power

g [done] Feature request: more tiers

3 years ago

Could we get tiers of transformers, specifically at lower tiers? It would be nice to have everything from 1 kilowatt (zeroth power) to 10GW(eighth power).

3 years ago

Hi,

do you have an idea how this tiering should look like and how it is going to be used?

Regards,

-max2344

3 years ago

For my purposes, it is to build a device that lets me scale up and scale down entire wings of my factory. While the existing transformers (is "transformators" a non-english word?) give me that ability, the lowest tier is 1 megawatt- anything less that 1 mw can't be controlled. So for a low power potentiometer, I would need lower tiers of transformers.

3 years ago

I see, though it can be controlled if you use accumulators to split the electric network. The accumulators have their transfer limited to 300kW so 3 of them is roughly 1 MW. Thats a known way of limiting transfer and works without problems. Such setup is described at https://wiki.factorio.com/Accumulator#Isolation_of_Power_Networks.

The name Electric Transformators was chosen to avoid ambiguosity and cross-reference to a famous American and Japanese media franchise. Also, there are few other mods which already used other desired names.

Regards,

-max2344

New response