EMP Biters deprecated

Think the enemies are too easy? Well, now they just might disable your defenses with an EMP blast!

Content
6 years ago
0.13 - 0.16
Enemies

i Help me to create perfect hardcore modpack

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hey, i am looking for new enemies and i think you can make this modification differently, currently in vanilla game you can just spam laser turrets and forget about biters forever, what i did is just add mods what provide enemies with fire and laser resistance, but still, it would be nice, if this mod will create just separate biter type - EMP biter, which will cause EMP blast after death and disable laser turrets ONLY, probably drain all electricity in range for 10secs with highest priority, because i use "turret shields" mod, so it would be nice if their regeneration will be disabled too. I just wanna create situation where all turret types required to protect your base, not just spam single one.

If you interested, my mod setup is:
Vanilla biters enhanced with "rampant" - T1 T2 very vulnerable to machinegun turrets, T3 have decent armor (8flat), but still beatable with upgrades, but behemots force you to upgrade in to laser wall
"explosive biters" - almost immune to fire and explosions, weakness - laser damage
"worm attack" - new T4 and T5 worms will burrow straight to your base, they have high resistance to all damage types, except poison. So you should use 2 new countermeres - cannon turrets which shoots vanilla cannon shells and they can penetrate worm's high flat physical armor or "Mustard artillery gas" - its simple create poison cloud and autoaim worms, cause they still structure, like nests

As you can see, there is missing part - EMP biter, if you can create this type of bitter, it will make "cannon turrets" and machinegun turrets more important. Now cannon turrets not only will counter worms (and super late game "titans" from explosive biters mod). Probably its a good idea to gave them strong anti laser skin, like 50flat armor +50%resistance for behemots tier (this means laser turrets will start damage them only after high-tech science pack required damage research for laser turrets) and make them faster than other biters (maybe 1.3-1.5 speed multiplier).

P.S. it also would be nice, to have configurable parameters in settings, like: evolution factor to start spawn, chance to spawn, health, speed, tiers. Cause for example players anyway dont have laser turrets in early game, so they must be some sort of "late game pain in ass"

New response