Do Robots Build Automatic Trains?

by Qon

Makes blueprinted trains start in automatic mode, automatically. So now you don't have to switch them from manual mode manually. With 'Recursive Blueprints' mod you can now completely automate scaling your train force!

Tweaks
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Trains

i [Resolved] it's great except...

4 years ago

yes it starts the trains in automatic (lovely) with their schedules

BUT

they start moving with ANY fuel. even 1 piece of coal.

anyway to make them wait a few seconds to get all their fuel loaded?

4 years ago

Can you explain your use case more? Are you using Recursive Blueprints to automatically add trains or are you doing it manually?

anyway to make them wait a few seconds to get all their fuel loaded?

Yes. If you are using RB then the circuit that triggers train spawning could also make a rail signal be red for a few seconds to prevent the train from leaving.

Or if you are automatically inserting fuel with inserters then you can have 12 stack inserters inserting fuel at the same time, filling the train with 144 coal/150max instantly so you don't have to delay the train at all.

I had assumed you would have the refuel station as the first station. Also I tested the mod with nuclear fuel so I forgot about any problems just having a tiny bit of fuel would give you q:

If you are manually inserting coal then you would never insert just 1 coal into a train that's in automatic mode anyways?

Maybe if you have bots fill the train with coal and you are placing the blueprint manually this could be a problem? Or did I miss any scenario? Please tell me more!

Glad you are enjoying it! :D

4 years ago

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

i drop this blueprint and any other just like it at my main base. i use automated fuel stop. either way the first bit of fuel that makes it in and the train leaves. the rest of the fuel does not make it in. it might make it to a refueling stop. it might not.

4 years ago

DRBAT v1.0.1 changelog:
Version: 1.0.1
Bugfixes:
- Deconstructing trains no longer sets them to auto mode, which also canceled their deconstruction.
Changes:
- Trains only switch to automatic mode once robots have filled the locomotives with fuel if those are included in the blueprint.
Thanks to iccor56 for suggesting it. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DoRobotsBuildAutomaticTrains/discussion/5cd6428f63d5b1000dc3610a

New response