Diesel Locomotive deprecated

Adds functionality and a locomotive for using fluids as fuel. Can use heavy oil, light oil, or diesel (if added by another mod), or all three. Configurable in Settings -> Mod Settings. (I am no longer playing this game or supporting this mod. I see someone else made a successor, though: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/dieselTrains)

Content
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.17
Trains

b incompatibility with Infinity Mode

4 years ago

Hello, your mod seem to have an incompatibility with Infinity Mode, and is throwing out the following error:
Failed to load mods:InfinityMode/data.lua:28:InfinityMode/data.lua:4:attempt to index local ´t´(a nil value)
InfinityMode/data.lua:4:in function ´apply_infinity_tint´
InfinityMode/prototypes/infinity-wagon.lua:77: in main chunk
(C): in function ´require´
InfinityMode/data.lua:28: in main chunk
stack traceback:
(C): in function ´require´
InfinityMode/data.lua:28: in main chunk

Factorio version: 0.17.68
Infinity Mode version: 0.6.0
Diesel Locomotive version: 0.2.3

Raiguard(the maker of Infinity Mode) says: "The only way this could be happening is if another mod is deleting the HR version of the train wagon."
The only mod that is causing the problem is Diesel Locomotive, so please check it and if please possible fix it.

4 years ago

Hi, I apologize but I'm not going to be able to fix anything. I've lost interest in the game since 0.17.60 and haven't even had the desire to follow the patch notes since .62. I also got a new computer a couple months ago and have not installed the game or transferred any Factorio related content to it, so everything following is from memory.

This mod does not touch wagons in any way shape or form. It creates a new locomotive entity, potentially swaps the graphics between them (user setting), creates graphicless storage tanks for use with the new locomotive entities, and creates item representatives of valid liquid fuels. If it's the storage tank that's actually causing the trip up, this can't and won't be fixed. The storage tanks should not become visible, thus the lack of graphics on them.

Someone could monitor the Infinity Mode code with log statements to see what entity is actually trying to be loaded at the time this nil "t" is occurring, but ultimately this could be solved by Raiguard by putting in a check to see whether or not "t" has an actual value assigned or not ("if t then", or "if not t then", depending on how they want to tackle it).

4 years ago

Hello and that is sad to hear.