Diesel Locomotive deprecated

Adds functionality and a locomotive for using fluids as fuel. Can use heavy oil, light oil, or diesel (if added by another mod), or all three. Configurable in Settings -> Mod Settings. (I am no longer playing this game or supporting this mod. I see someone else made a successor, though: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/dieselTrains)

Content
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.17
Trains

b [fixed]error in sandbox, problem with no inventory

4 years ago

Got this error in sandbox mode:

The mod Diesel Locomotive caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Diesel-Locomotive::on_player_main_inventory_changed (ID 32)
Diesel-Locomotive/control.lua:334: attempt to index local 'inventory' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Diesel-Locomotive/control.lua:334: in function <Diesel-Locomotive/control.lua:330>

4 years ago

What were you doing when this occurred? And by sandbox do you mean free play, map editor? Do you have any other mods installed or using any cheat codes? Also, what version of Factorio are you on?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Ok, I think I know now what you mean by sandbox (found it in the scenarios). This puts you into God mode, which in turn breaks a few things regarding inventory. I think, based on what evildogbot100 had written originally on the main page, at one point in time you could pull the fuel out without a crash. I don't know if there's been a change in Factorio or maybe I accidentally removed a key line to prevent the crash, but obviously that appears to be what's happening here.

I'll look into it and see what I can do, but for now please note that being able to remove the fuel while in God mode may not be preventable. As such, I strongly recommend against mining the locomotive while loaded with fuel or manually removing the fuel while in God mode. Use pumps to drain the locomotive that way.

EDIT: Bah, ok, it's regardless of the fuel, ie any kind of inventory interaction. Dang. I'll have to put something in to bypass this for now.

4 years ago

Temporary fix for this uploaded until I can find a better solution.