DEEP MINES

version 1.6.96: SeaBlockMetaPack integration fully finished, major local corrections.

Content
5 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Mining Manufacturing

i Mining Productivity

3 years ago

It would be nice if the mines would benefit from the Mining Productivity research. Optera's mod has this and makes that mod much more viable in the late game than this mod is despite the massive tier improvements that this mod brings. This difference is especially noticeable for "X" K SPM and larger megabases.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

true, i do intend at some point in making it in some way improve from the mining productivity upgrade tech just not in the same way as adding productivity directly [free crafts from productivity only produce one of each ore witch giving how this recipe works is super lame/near pointless...] so i will have to either find an alternate way to implement the tech or make my own infinite one...

3 years ago

Are you sure that's how productivity works for miners? I thought it behaved the same as any other form of productivity, in that it's just a "cycle" that completes. So if a normal recipe would yield 4 processing units then completing a productivity cycle would also yield 4 processing units. I thought this was no different from other forms of productivity, including mining productivity. But I suppose you tested this already.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

its been almost a year sense i tested it out so i will give it a go before years end and if it works get it implemented... somehow :P
i really don't want to straight copy the previous authors method/work...

3 years ago

Working to get it added in, any assistance would be grateful ;) trying to add it in the same way the previous author did...

3 years ago

overall if i cant get an inf tech working im not to worried as the number of mining productivity techs required to surpass mine is in the mega late game range as his does not break 100 ore/min until after 50+ mining productivity upgrades... still his being more useful for a grinder as his are also much less pricey to setup and get going...

1 year, 3 months ago

Revisiting this... another person is helping me with the issue...

1 year, 3 months ago

I got it added in exactly like Optera does for their mod into a different mod, using Optera's code and applying it to "Matter Assembler" entities from Krastorio2 for example, it was very easy.

There's also an asteroid mining where I suggested similarly; having mining productivity effect their mod too. They decided to go a different route eventually, toggling an "alternative mode" which basically has his mod "send ore patches from asteroids to Nauvis". Which in code-speak means the mod just spawns "x" ores on the ground around a modded entity at a rate that increases depending on how many "asteroid mining" satellites you send into space. That way, since the mod spawns ore patches on the ground, it doesn't need to specifically interact with mining productivity or anything like that since you just put in the standard mining drills on those ore patches.

Very creative ideas all around.

1 year, 3 months ago

I am receiving direct help from 2 persons both notably better at scripting than me :P
We plan to post a working inf tech no later than mid January atm...
I am also adding a few more things thanks to there help ;)

New response