Deadlock's Astonishingly Basic Oil Refinery (Special 1760 Edition) deprecated

It's an oil refinery, but, like, easier. You put oil in and win comes out.

4 years ago
Fluids

g Hmm

4 years ago

Can't tell if it's a joke at the dev's expense, or serious business.

4 years ago

somewhere else, i had posted that i didn't like the new oil because it would make the oil easier at first, but still require people to learn about refineries with 2 inputs and 3 outputs and how to connect them. and in contrast to the old version, people now could and many also probably would start building bigger refineries (not only a small kickstart refinery to just research advanced oil) with the new basic recipe and then later have to tear down half their factory since (in contrast to spaghetti belts) no spaghetti can be used on pipes.

my suggestion was to have a new recipe "kickstart oil" to make it clear that it is temporary, and then have the old two recipes for later (being able to prefer petrogas for sulfur/plastic or heavy for lube). but this mod does almost the same thing: to NOT lead people to using refineries for the basic recipe and then later have to rebuild everything which they assumed would be perfect since they wrongly believed they already would be using "real" refineries. with this special "kickstart" building, people will see that there is some important difference between basic oil and advanced oil.

i don't know about balancing or other problems of this idea, but would it be possible for this mod to enable two oil recipes on completing the advanced research, to have something similar to the original old two recipes for "more heavy/lube" or "more gas/sulf/plastic" when finally being able to really use the "real" refineries ? (additionally having the new basic recipe as a third recipe might be nice, but would need more thinking than i can do at 5am now :-)