Cursed Programable Inserters

by L0771

Inserters programables via GUI. All possible convinations.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.15 - 0.18

i Current location values on GUI

5 years ago

Hi,
Thank you for making this mod. It is small (not a bunch of extra hotkeys) but powerful. What I like even more is the vanilla inserters are not changed or removed. So it is quite friendly to fellow mods which adds new inserters (which I am trying to make).
First time posting here because I would like to make a request. Can the current pickup and drop locations be shown as "pre-selected" on GUI? Because quite often I just want to adjust the input tile only. The extra (unnecessary) clicking on the output tile selection slows down the construction.
Another situation is I just want to choose the "closer lane" option while handling the same tiles. Now ends up I have to reselect the same input and output tiles again.
Regards,
Schall

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I like this request.
I'll see what can i do :)

5 years ago

Sorry for my confusing text.
Actually it is one single request only: current location values (input, output tiles) and closer lane pre-selected on GUI.
The "another situation" part is just the second scenario where such pre-selection would become extremely useful.

PS: I am test-making length-3 & length-4 inserters. Your mod is working flawless with them.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Check version 0.5.2 and tell me if that's what you asking for.
Thanks for the feedback :)

EDIT: I can't make the closer active, are a lot of functions, and i think isn't VERY important.

And good luck with your mod, if you need help, i'm always on discord: https://discord.gg/6VVxuVH

5 years ago

Thanks for the quick update!
It's okay to leave out close lane option. I am not using this feature much anyway.
The mod development is fine for the moment. But thanks for the offer! I will contact you when needing the help. :D

Found a minor problem when changing longer inserters but not using max range.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Place vanilla long-handed inserter.
2. On the long-handed inserter GUI, select range-1 diagonal input and output tiles, and accept changes. As below figure:

3. Reopen the GUI, the display of output tile is shifted outward, as range-2. (Actual output tile is still the correct range-1 diagonal tile.) As shown below:

I made some range-3 and range-4 inserters. They all have the same problem shifted outwards.

5 years ago

I have made the new long inserters in my new mod: Schall Inserters.
BTW, the above problem exist for the vanilla long-handed inserter (as above), and all my long range inserters. Seems like some math rounding/flooring problem.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Done, it need a 0.5 more in the drop.
And new GUI

Thanks for the report, and i read your inserters mod code, i like it.

5 years ago

Thanks for the fix, and your kind words too. :-)
It also looks nicer with the updated GUI style .
Stay Awesome!

New response