Construction Drones deprecated

by Klonan

Adds ground based personal construction robots.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Logistic network

b Drones not building wire connections to miniloaders correctly

3 years ago

The construction drones do not always build the circuit network connections to miniloaders (from the miniloader mod) correctly, while the vanilla construction bots do not seem to have this problem. Not sure if this is a bug for construction drones or miniloaders but I thought I would start here since the vanilla bots build everything fine.

To reproduce (verified in Factorio 1.0.0):

Mods used:
- Construction drones 0.6.11
- Miniloader 1.11.3

Make a constant combinator outputting a positive value for an item (I used a 350 copper plate signal), and connect it to a filter miniloader (I used a red wire), and set the filter miniloader to "set filters". Make a blueprint and have the drones build from the blueprint a few times. Sometimes when clicking on the filter miniloader, the miniloader does not seem to know it is connected to the circuit network (the wire does not "light up" from hovering over the miniloader, and there is no side-pane on the right to control the behavior circuit conditions). However, the filter is still set in the game (copper can actually be removed from the whitelist manually but the filter remains when looking at the miniloader in alt-mode). Vanilla construction bots build this same blueprint with no issues or strange behavior. Also worth noting is there are no problems when using construction drones to build the same setup but using filter inserters (this is why I am not sure if this is a construction drone issue or miniloader issue).

Other issue I was not able to reproduce:

Rarely in a heavily modded game, the opposite will happen: the miniloaders (built by construction drones) will say that they are connected to both red and green circuit networks when clicked on, but will behave as if one or more of those connections are missing. For example, I had miniloaders (with "set filters" selected) with a large negative signal on green and a small positive signal on red, and sometimes when built from the same blueprint they will ignore the negative green signal and turn their filters on. I have not been able to reliably reproduce this second case but thought I would mention as it may be related.

Thanks!

New response