Construction Drones deprecated

by Klonan

Adds ground based personal construction robots.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Logistic network

g Drones aren't reliably after a certain point?

3 years ago

so for some reason it seems my drones stop repairing damaged buildings and building things when there are ghost buildings while I have the items in my inventory or damage buildings when I have repair packs. it seems to be inconsistent.

the time it started to happen seems to be when I decided to upgrade my defensive walls to have 2 layers of turrets and I did a huge build command from map view using blueprints.

from what it seems like, they just cant reach those or something and if the task in question is behind a wall with no pathing out (since they cant go through gates) they just dont do anything. but then sometimes new builds where there should be no pathing issues, dont seem to get built.

it could be that it has an order already but is unable to path to that command and is in a stuck mode where it doesn't do anything, but no matter what I do, I cant seem to get it back to normal.

I've tried removing them from my inventory and then bringing them back out. I've tried to turn them off and on, nothing seems to make them work. though they will go do some tasks in different areas. not sure whats causing them to behave this way.

3 years ago

What version are you using? Can you provide a save game showing the issue?

3 years ago

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AijRSnVRY4C4n3tabfjXSoG5xFbf?e=QyYJKw

I put it in my one drive shared folder, you should have access to download this (unless you have another option to send the file. then feel free to share that and i'll upload it there)

after playing around for awhile, I noticed that if I come at different angles they sometimes start to work, though sometimes they dont. its very finicky. though this didnt start to happen until I had 2 rows of turrets and 2 tile thick walls and the wall teeth. some areas where I only had the basic defense dont have this issue. (this is the 1 thick wall and 1 row of turrets.

though now they dont have issues with building new blueprints, there was a time where they wouldn't come out even if I had all the materials. some times it still happens but rarely now.

I think it has something to do with the drone's updating it's pathing or something. or maybe they're stuck on a task that they cant get to? because I've noticed sometimes where I would stand still in a specific spot (like right up to the wall between the wall and turrets) they wouldn't do anything but when I start to manually repair the walls, they suddenly come alive and start repairing but only in a very small location.

in the save I provided I am currently doing repairs on my walls, if you move along the wall, you should be able to see what I mean.

3 years ago

something else to add to help trouble shoot, I've been watching nilaus' recent runs (which is where I got the idea to use your mod) and in some of his recent videos it seems to be happening to him as well, where he puts a blueprint down for his defensive walls and the bots dont come out to build it, even though they're in range and he also has the materials. hes able to manually build it, but the drones just refuse to come out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C3UeocQCb8

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

This isn't really a bug I can fix sorry.

They are unresponsive, because they are trying to path around your giant long wall.
And that takes a lot of time, because it is long and impenetrable.

This chokes up the pathfinder, and my mod can't do any work until we hear back about those paths.

To fix it, add some gates along your wall, which lets them get to the destination.

3 years ago

though they dont actually are able to go through gates, sometimes they do but majority of the time they dont. but i'll try that.

could you put a pathfinder time out? maybe say if it cant find a path in say 10-20 seconds, stop and try to find a new target based on proximity? or make it such that if you turn off the drones, the pathfinding stops and when you turn it on, it'll look for new targets?

3 years ago

They are able to go through gates.

3 years ago

nvm, didnt notice my version was 2 patches old. didnt realize they dont auto update. its working a bit better now.

New response