Construction Drones deprecated

by Klonan

Adds ground based personal construction robots.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Logistic network

g Road building depot for Transport Drones

3 years ago

Any chances a depot could be added for Transport Drone mod that lets you put some of these guys in, stock them up with some road, then they will build road network ghosts that are connected to road network?

Would be nice when I'm running to build remote mining locations as I frequently run out of road and end up with massive ghost paths that I have to do a few laps to get the road finalised. Not sure if this belong here or with TransportDrones page.

3 years ago

similar situation on my current map, built an outpost that is connected by a road and wanted to expand the road network. then some spitters attacked, and my drones went swimming in the acid pools on the road :-) :-(

MY solution: first i used only Klonan's repair turrets to repsir drones along the road, but after they got the research to also build items, i now have them along all my roads in a group together with a large power pole and 1 or 2 lasers, and they all protect each other and the drones on the road, also repair drones quickly when spitters still got to spit on the road before being killed. and in the outpost, even large new setups can be built with blueprints by the turrets teleporting all needed items from my mall :-)

just now, i am about to build a road by using a blueprint with this setup, and the repair turrets will build everything.
my only problem : the repair turrets and my construction drones are racing who gets to place or deconstruct something first. most of the time the turrets win, but when they are out of power for a moment, i ended up with the drones leaving it to the turrets, and the turrets not deconstructing, and thus i had to give the deconstruct order (with the vanilla tool) several times until all tiles were gone.

I'll have to disable the drones next time i try something similar, or is there an option to automatically disable the construction drones while in the range of a logistics construction area (from vanilla roboports, Klonan's repair turrets, or any other modded construction areas like "construction towers" mod) ?

3 years ago

Anson_AKB, maybe a simple rule would be to have Construction Drones ignore any construct/deconstruct orders in range of any construction network?
Preferably it could of course check if there are any construction bots / upgraded repair towers available in said network so drones would still work if nothing else is working on that order, but that would add a lot of unnecessary checks and could affect performance in noticeable way. Just checking if a ghost is placed in an existing network is just one check (at least I hope that's just so simple).

New response