Construction Drones deprecated

by Klonan

Adds ground based personal construction robots.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Logistic network

b Drones get unresponsive as the game goes on

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi!

I've noticed this with ALL other mods with construction bots/drones that as the game goes by, they became slower and slower to respond. I have 60/60 FPS/UPS but I guess since I have many entities, if I select let's say 1000 tress to be destroyed or drop a big plan with hundreds of stuff then the following happens;
- drones seem to only want to start working on a specific area and work their way from there. So if you move around, it seems you get the job done faster;
- like I just popped down 5000 Transport Drone roads and I'm just sitting next to unbuilt roads for like 1-30 seconds or more for them to probably rescan what work to be done and do nearby work. And they usually only do a fraction of the work in ragnge at a time;
- not all drones/bots get launched from the inventory even if there's plenty of work in range and capacity/materials;
- and the less work there is to do left, the faster it might be done.

So I guess it's a base game issue, not mod specific, but I'm not sure, but as much as I'm relying on this mod in a new Py run with a small base, this seems more prevalent than with various Nuclear bot mods with infinite battery.

I wonder if there is a way to check for drone jobs within the character's range much more frequently or if it's much more difficult.

3 years ago

What version of the mod are you using?

I've been fixing some bugs which cause the update to be slower

3 years ago

Latest, 0.5.5.

3 years ago

same issue here. Can provide save if needed.

3 years ago

I'm having a similar issue. As soon as I click the button to toggle the drones and toggle them on again, they all charge out from my inventory and do their jobs. A few seconds later they go back into my inventory until I toggle them again.

3 years ago

Thats my experience ^ Not a huge issue. Probably because I have a large amount of ghosts.

3 years ago

I suspect I have the same issue (referring to too many ghosts). My construction bots (flying) do not have this problem, but I guess their logic/calculations/stuff-I-know-nothing-about works differently than that of the drones.

3 years ago

Same thing, now on 0.6.2. I wonder what causes it, exactly... this was true even without any ghosts.

3 years ago

Started noticing the same problem today in my Krastorio2 run. I also updated from 0.5.6 today, dunno if it started before or after the update to 0.6.3 however.

3 years ago

Seems to have been caused by Walls Block Spitters, at least in my case. That bug was fixed in 0.6.3.

New response