Construction Drones deprecated

by Klonan

Adds ground based personal construction robots.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Logistic network

g limit drones range

4 years ago

Is there a way to limit how far away they will go to build stuff?

4 years ago

sometimes when i use place a big blueprint they go all the way out off screen to place stuff

4 years ago

i found that they cover a circle with 5 chunks diameter (radius of 2.5 chunks, maybe exactly 80 tiles?) which is quite annoying when i let them work with any rail network on screen. i can't count how many drones i already lost due to them wandering off and crossing tracks.

another side effect of this is that construction often takes a while since (just like normal bots) they mostly start working at the most distant part of a blueprint, and in addition there may be a lot of obstacles in the way to get to those distant parts. there already was an FFF about this problem and someone had done a mod to automatically vary the radius for bots, starting with a small radius and increasing it when no work had to be done in that nearby area.

would it be possible (in some future version) to have a mod setting for the max range (probably a square or circle of 1 chunk might already be enough for many uses), and (in some very far future version) even some of that automatic adjustment to start in a narrow area and extend it up to that maximum range ?

4 years ago

+

New response