Construction Drones deprecated

by Klonan

Adds ground based personal construction robots.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Logistic network

g Upgrade to 0.5 broke em

4 years ago

Just an FYI, playing Krastorio 2 and upgrade to the latest 0.5 caused drones to stop working, no activity.
Roll back to 0.4.11 fixed it.

4 years ago

There was a button added to toggle them on and off. Mine was set to off by default. turned them on and they work fine now

4 years ago

Oh, really ? where's the button ?

4 years ago

In the menu on the upper right of the toolbar. Click the 3 little vertical dots.

4 years ago

Yep, thanks, that was it, hidden behind a bunch of toggles I dont use/need

4 years ago

You know what it still seems bugged. The drones are working but not actually building everything. They seem to stop halfway through.

4 years ago

I added the button to my toolbar to toggle construction drones. If you toggle them off and on they will make another round. Seem that they don't redeploy and finish. They go out and come back and then stop.

4 years ago

If there are a lot of other jobs (ie, lots of other ghost entities) then it will have to loop through all of them for the 2nd wave

4 years ago

What I am wondering about is how reach affects this? For example with Krastorio I am using the "far reach" option and there are similar mods for this. I guess with a longer reach more ghosts have to be looped through? This might affect performance for some people.

4 years ago

Player reach has no effect

4 years ago

Before the latest patch the drones were working really nicely for me. Never got stuck. Now I have to toggle the button off and on constantly . When I run out of an item, go get the item, and return, they don't deploy everything. I toggle and they finish.

4 years ago

Same redeployment issue. Whenever i need to build something, drones only deploy once blueprint is placed, they DO NOT go for the second cycle. This becomes obvious when placing multiple small blueprints β€” bots finish them halfway through. This does not happen with deconstruction.
I'm also using Krastorio 2.

4 years ago

when they deconstruct sometimes they get stuck on loaders like they are marked and the red beam is displayed but the entitiy isnt deconstructed

4 years ago

If you can provide your save games I can look into the issues.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)
4 years ago

With the 5.0 installed i noticed that the drones stopped repairing stuff, which was working properly before. Someone noticed the same?

4 years ago

I found an issue in the saves related to the check functions getting stuck on a bad index. They should work better now

4 years ago

btw, thanks for the Pause functionality !

4 years ago

Seems to work fine now. Thank you!

4 years ago

Working perfect again! Thank you so much for such a quick response, @Klonan!

4 years ago

I found an issue in the saves related to the check functions getting stuck on a bad index. They should work better now

thanks for any and all fixes you do, and even more so when you do them so quickly.

but does this fix refer to the original problem of this thread and/or also to what smeagol001 wrote (drones getting in a loop with the red beam flashing when trying to deconstruct something over and over again). i had the same problem (although not on loaders, but on pretty normal assembler2) already many versions ago, then not hit the problem for many weeks, and just today i once had the problem again (before updating to the newest version from today) ...

New response