Construction Drones deprecated

by Klonan

Adds ground based personal construction robots.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Logistic network

i Construction Depot + Construction Zone

4 years ago

Hey there, I am loving all of your drone mods :D

I hope some day the devs team decides to replace the vanilla cheaty bots by the ones you're developing in the mods ;)

With that said, I think it would be awesome if the construction drones were also integrated in the road network of the Transport Drones mod.

In my humble opinion, the way to do that would be:

• Add a new depot, the Construction Depot, which would request the construction materials from the road network;
  • The Construction Depot should also be able to accept construction materials from traditional means, just like any other chest.
  • Materials already in the Construction Depot would be used first, and when the necessary materials are not available, they would be requested in the Road Network;
  • The Construction Depot would accept both Logistic Drones and Construction Drones;
  • The Logistic Drones in the Construction Depot would take care of bringing the construction materials to the Depot; when needed;
  • The Construction Drones in the Construction Depot would take care of the building;
  • Add a new type of "road", which would be the Construction Zone;
  • Logistic Drones would still only be able to move on Roads;
  • Construction Drones would be able to move only in Roads and Construction Zones;
  • Ghosts on the Construction Zone connected to a Road Network would trigger the Construction Depot, which would require the necessary materials, and when those are available it would deploy the Construction Drones to build the ghost.

Anyway, thanks again for the awesome mods!

3 years ago

I don't think this mod should always depend on the road network because not everyone uses both mods together. For example me - I find transport drones too bothersome to use, especially because they are only available after oil, by which point I prefer trains anyway. Having a construction zone like that would greatly reduce the potential because the construction zone would need to be placed first, which would bring back a lot of tedium.

New response