Construction Drones deprecated

by Klonan

Adds ground based personal construction robots.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Logistic network

b Range of drones dramatically dropped

4 years ago

Recently I noticed that construction drones stopped working unless I almost ran over the target. I wasn't sure if this was a problem introduced upgrading to 0.18.

The interesting thing is that when I play on my MacBook with all the same mods loaded, it works fine. When I go into my man cave and play on my PC (and it's the same game synced), it doesn't work properly.

It's not an Alt+R thing because they somewhat still work. It's just that I have to be right on top of the thing that I'm deconstructing or constructing for them to work. And even then they sometimes just don't want to place some things or tear some things down.

Also, it happens in a new game (on my PC only). It's also not to do with having lots of things to do that are out of range or anything like that.

I don't think it's related to the save game because the same game works perfectly on my MacBook.

I've tried uninstalling (including deleting) and re-installing.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Same thing is happening on my MacBook after upgrading to the latest version of the mod. It was working at the normal range previously, and I was already on 0.18. Looking at when the versions were released I think it happened when moving to mod version 0.4.10

4 years ago

Glad it isn't just me.

I don't understand why it works perfectly on my MacBook and doesn't work properly on my PC. Same versions of mods and same settings and same map. Same after re-installing even if I delete the mod.

That suggests to me that it's either something that's not being cleaned up properly that's corrupting things or there's some combination of mods that it isn't happy with, the configuration of those mods makes a difference and there's a slight difference between the configuration of my mods between my PC and MacBook that I haven't found yet.

4 years ago

I've recorded a video of the problem here. https://youtu.be/OBpSVxJGlno

Note that I've upgraded to the 0.4.11 version and the problem persists (the video taken above was from version 0.4.11).

4 years ago

I disabled all of my other mods aside from construction drones and it is working properly again. So I have to search to find what the conflict is.

4 years ago

Boom. It is a clash with Laser Tanks. When I disable Laser Tanks, the problem disappears. I much prefer construction drones so it's no problem to disable Laser Tanks. In fact I think I only introduced Laser Tanks due to an optional dependency on another mod (which I can't remember now)

4 years ago

Well done kelceyp! I have Laser Tanks installed too, I was planning to use it for the electric trains but there seems to be a few other mods that can do that - I'll switch it out. Thanks!

New response