Construction Drones deprecated

by Klonan

Adds ground based personal construction robots.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Logistic network

b Container not always recovered

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi Klonan!

Thanks for the great mod! I am really enjoying playing with these cute drones.

However, I think I've found a bug, that I've now managed to repro in a vanilla + construction drones game. Here's how: Chop down a bunch of trees, enough to fill a wooden chest. Place down the wooden chest, and fill it with the wood. Stand some distance away, and deconstruct it. The drones will drive over and deconstruct it for you. However, you will find that the chest is not in your inventory afterwards, only the wood.

Not such a big deal to lose a wooden chest, but I've seen the same happen with a mining drones depot, for example.

Edit: Using the latest 0.18 Factorio and Construction Drones mod.

4 years ago

i had a similar problem, items vanishing on deconstruction : after using cut&paste on a subfactory of many chemplants and assemblers (together with many inserters, belts, etc), only half of the subfactory was built and the other half stayed as ghosts because the machines seem to have disappeared :-(

since i use many mods (among them some that modify chemplants to be burner chemplants) i wasn't sure about what might have caused it and thus didn't report it yet. it also happened only very few times during all the time that i was using cut&paste a lot, and the advantages of these drones outweighed the small losses :-)

i have no idea whether a second effect might be related or a separate problem : in some specific cases, the drones are firing their red lasers to deconstruct something but nothing happens. thus they stay and try again a few seconds later, and again, and again, until i either deconstruct the building manually or until i use the deconstruction planner and unmark the buildings by using shift-drag.

since i have the grid enabled, i could see that every time that this happened, the machines to deconstruct were in one chunk (probably the same chunk that my char was in?) and the drones were standing on the first tile behind the border to the next chunk. no idea whether this observation is meaningful, but somehow it was strange :-)
this effect could be reproduced by cutting the same machine again, even several times, but sorry, i didn't think of keeping a save from that situation :-(

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Could you provide a save game?

4 years ago

https://gofile.io/?c=hM1wj2

There's a wooden chest to your right. Get a deconstruction planner, and use it to deconstruct the chest. Some bots will go deconstruct it, and come back to you. Once they're all back in your inventory, check your inventory. There's no chest there. Where did the chest go?

4 years ago

Thanks for the fix in the latest mod release!

New response