Construction Drones deprecated

by Klonan

Adds ground based personal construction robots.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Logistic network

g Race to build - drones vs robot - as intended?

4 years ago

I have a personal robot port and construction drones on me. When I want to place an item, both drone and robot attempt to place it at the same time. One is the fastest and the other returns.
Is there a way to make drones part of the same building queue as robots?

4 years ago

another problem related to "drones and bots" is that drones and bots both seem to obey the same "disable personal roboport" quickbar option. but when using bots (as part of a "quickstart" mod) and/or drones in the early game before that tech is researched, that button is not yet available (it is shown, but greyed out and not togglable) and thus bots/drones can't be disabled. although they all are mostly very useful to cut/copy/paste in the early game, having them always enabled and having to put them in a chest to stop them from eg automatically filling huge blueprints in a range of 2+ chunks (which is larger than my screen) and thus immediately using up all handcrafted items can sometimes be annoying in the early game.

mostly, i prefer the drones but they each have their own advantages and disadvantages: drones are faster, have a larger range, and look cuter (especially when also using the mods "I, Robot" and "Mining Drones" :-), while bots easily reach any ghosts also in the middle of the tightest spaghetti or forest where bots helplessly walk around (sometimes even start destroying trees) and sound their sirens while they can't reach some areas.

TLDR: can that toggle for disabling the roboport be made available also in the early game before having the tech researched, and/or can we please have separate options to toggle only bots or only drones ?

4 years ago

I was thinking to add a separate button to toggle the ground robots, so you can choose more precisely

4 years ago

I tweaked the logic, so if the player has bots enabled and has contruction bots, then droney bois won't spawn

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

thank you

making the toggle for the personal roboport now toggle between bots and drones works quite nicely IF i have researched bots already, and if i have a personal roboport in my armor (eg from some "quickstart mod"). but without the personal roboport installed i seem to not have that toggle available and thus also can't disable the drones. this already got several drones killed by trains which i researched before bots and before the tech to make new drones. with the large range of the drones (more than 2 chunks radius) it also is difficult to keep them away from any rails under all circumstances and i had to use the method of putting the drones in a chest while working in my base :-(

I also am not sure whether it might be possible to somehow start a game with that (invisible) toggle in the "on" position, thus disabling the drones right at the start with no option to toggle them on until i have researched and installed personal roboports ?

New response