Construction Drones deprecated

by Klonan

Adds ground based personal construction robots.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Logistic network

b Inconsistent deployment

4 years ago

I really like using the drones, when they work. When placing large blue prints I'll have an initial wave of drones, but they'll will eventually trickle down and I'll have 1-2 drones placing things while standing next to a bunch of ghost items. I thought it may have been a conflict with Nanobots but nothing changed after uninstalling it. I don't have any actual robots so I don't think there is a problem there.

4 years ago

Can you provide a save game?

4 years ago

Can you provide a save game?
It's heavily modded, do you need a mods list as well?

4 years ago

Its ok, I can sync it from the save game

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

has there been any update from this? i can provide you my save, i'm having the same issues
here is my save just in case you can figure anything out from mine.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yh3BIXwMm7ZRKVhkC6CnF4wH6-n4_FXz/view?usp=sharing

4 years ago

I made a tweak, lets see if it works

4 years ago

This might be related. I'm having trouble getting them to deploy at all. Sometimes they won't deploy unless I walk right up to the blueprint. Sometimes, not even then. I can provide a save, but I have a bunch of locally edited mods. I could just tarball the entire mod folder.

4 years ago

It seems like my issue was caused by Rampant. Disabling it has made the drones deploy as usual again.

4 years ago

Hi, I'm still having this issue.
If I place construction (or deconstruction) orders manually, the drones are sent out immediately, even if the orders cannot be executed in the first run. They then return and are sent out again immediately - this works flawlessly, I absolutely love them!
This is not the case when using blueprints though. The first wave is sent out, but when they return, only a few are sent out again.
This then seems to happen in waves, sometimes two or three are sent out, then a few seconds later again five, and so on.
If I run away from the ghosts and return, some drones will again be sent out.

I can provide a save if necessary.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I've had this as well, not sure how long ago, but it has been quite a while. I'd say somewhere in the .17 builds. I would love to use them, they are the perfect early game bot solution, but I usually don't because they are so erratic.

Today I did some testing, started a new save on 18.18, with only this mod active. I did notice that if the blueprints are small, say 500 items or less, they seem to work just fine. But if you place a larger bp, 1000+ items, they begin to falter. I took a video with my phone of their behavior, easier than trying to explain it. Another bit of info that isn't really shown is, sometimes if you don't move for a minute or two, they cease to deploy at all, but once you take a step they start coming out again. And as mentioned leaving the area and coming back will also deploy them, but they will still be erratic.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DN-Grt3NGGmPbyEXEe_apFrLc-B79MQz

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Factorio 18.17 and 18.18, Construction_Drones 0.4.9
I have been having the same issues. Very early game its not typically an issue since the blueprints are relatively small and the amount of resources available is usually limited. However, by the time I get to deploying a full mall BP, for example, they start to display the above mentioned erratic behavior. I currently have 20 in my inventory. Sometimes 10+ will go out, other times only 1-2 at a time. If the BP is spread out it usually works fine, as long as it doesn't include any tiles like stone brick or road. And this has been a consistent issue over the course of about 5 different games that I've started.
Edit: Deconstruction works without issue.

4 years ago

Having this problem as well now, it's really annoying and makes the mod almost unusable.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

After playing around with it, it seems related to inventory space somehow. If I clear out most of my inventory, it works great! If I have a very full inventory (+bigger inventory due to research) it doesn't work very well, it keeps blocking.

EDIT: never mind, it still doesnt work properly. Only the initial wave is okay and then it goes super slow...
EDIT 2: Nilaus also mentioned the same problem in one of his latest Krastorio videos (the one about sulfur)

4 years ago

I just tested again under the same conditions and blueprint as before, and at least for me, they worked perfectly! Thanks so much for the updates πŸ˜„

4 years ago

Tested it out after rsdntevle's comment, definitely not fixed for me. In fact, even deconstruction is slow now and doesn't trigger all the construction bots at once anymore. Sometimes doesn't deconstruct things at all.

4 years ago

Can you provide your save game for testing?

4 years ago

Save game: https://easyupload.io/l26qvw
Video of the issue: https://youtu.be/PHdHyb-UBn8

Hope you'll be able to fix it! Love the mod besides the issues I'm seeing. I've had to switch to Nanobots again, but I much prefer this mod :)

4 years ago

Hi Klonan,
I am also experiencing a problem with drones no longer deploying in my save. They were working great at the start of the game and now they have stopped all together.
Here is the save: https://bit.ly/2wP8FzJ
Hopefully this can help you to find this issue.
Thanks for all your hard work!

4 years ago

I have the same issue. The first batch is deployed and afterwards it trickles down and the ghosts are placed slowly. Here is my save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dMlkw0q4qd-Jj-DSKuqr1eFAwS6Trc4N/view
I am using Krastorio 2 and as of now all mods are up-to-date. Best way to reproduce would be to deconstruct the mall (where I am standing atm) and then place down the first part of the modular mall in my hotbar. Let me know if you need more info

4 years ago

I want to add, the same thing happens to me. I made a blueprint and started to layout some city-blocks using roads from your Transport Drones. As you can see, the roads are ghosted. I have plenty of roads in inventory as well as construction drones (in inventory) but they very slowly comes out. There's one drone out in the screenshot out of the stack I have in inventory. Once he returns, it could take a min or longer before another single drone comes out to do anymore construction. The unique thing is if it helps troubleshoot, it seems to prioritize the power poles and lights first before the road tiles.

https://i.imgur.com/ksfifIF.png

4 years ago

I found an issue that was probably the cause of a lot of this,
So that is fixed now, essentially the 'check index' would get reset whenever a drone would sucessfully deploy, so the checks would have to iterate through all the ghosts again from the beginning.

I also added a shortcut to turn the drones on and off.
If you toggle drones on, they will check for nearby work, so you can kinda force them to do some work that way.

4 years ago

Thanks Klonan! Will check it out. (It does seem people are making new threads already, so there might still be some bugs).

4 years ago

Hi Klonan, I checked it out. It works a lot better already after upgrading. I think it still has some issues tho. If I put down large blueprints and I don't have enough materials, it doesn't construct after the first wave. Disabling and then enabling the bots makes them go again for 1 wave before stopping again. Maybe it has something to do with having too many ghosts on the map? Since I have quite a lot of ghosts for lights?

New response