Construction Drones deprecated

by Klonan

Adds ground based personal construction robots.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Logistic network

b Once I placed the logistic beacon the drones that were mine 'jumped' from my personal network, to the logistic network and then they stayed

5 years ago

It seems that once I built the logistic beacon network the drones that I started with stoped completing orders from my personal network. They also stopped following me. Is this intended, am I doing something wrong, is it possible to get them back?

They would then no longer complete tasks from my own inventory, and blueprinting designs outside the logistic beacon network stopped working.

Anyone else experiences this?

Upon further play it seems the issue goes deeper than this. I couldn't get the drones to do anything after they came unresponsive. They wouldn't even pick up items from passive or storage chests. The mod has huge potential though!

5 years ago

Same here, picking them up and redeploing seams to reset them but they will stop doing anything again eventually.

Some just stand there, some are driving up and down on the same 4-7 tile long line (those are especially hard to catch since the mining progress resets)

I have this ruining on a headless server an could provide access if needed.

4 years ago

...especially hard to catch
I've developed a couple of hunting techniques: building a wall in front of or around the bots you're trying to mine, to keep them still, is pretty easy.
I built a narrow landfill jetty (for Cargo Ships mod) and the bots will follow me onto it. Then I can catch them 'cos they've nowhere to run!

New response