Construction Drones deprecated

by Klonan

Adds ground based personal construction robots.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Logistic network

b Poor performance in multiplayer when issuing commands in overlapping roboport areas

5 years ago

So a friend and I have been trying to play with this mod recently (v0.17.6 and v0.17.9) and he has been hosting. He hasn't been having as many problems as I have but basically if our construction areas overlap, his drones almost always take priority over mine when responding to deconstruction commands. I can be standing in the middle of a forest with 18 drones next to me but if I issue a deconstruction command on the trees, his two bots are the only ones to respond. Occasionally mine will respond but not usually. If he's standing beyond my roboport range, my bots will respond normally.

Additionally, I had also noticed poor performance in placing items. Even if he wasn't in my area, my bots wouldn't respond to random ghosted entities. I'd place a blueprint and even though I had idle bots and materials in my inventory for the action, all the bots would remain idle. Usually if he came into my range, it seemed to cause his bots to respond but not always (maybe when he ran out of the item? hard to tell).

So long story short, not sure how bot assignments are done, but it doesn't seem to work correctly when two player's roboport coverage overlap. This works normally for base game robots but not for this mod.

New response