Construction Signaler

Send construction ghosts to your circuit network.

Content
5 years ago
Circuit network

b Error while running event ConstructionSignaler::on_tick (ID 0) Index out of bounds: 19

5 years ago

Many thanks for the new release, having a great time with it. But I did find another error when placing a large blueprint with 20 entity types.

Error MainLoop.cpp:1035: Exception at tick 33159860: Error while running event ConstructionSignaler::on_tick (ID 0)
Index out of bounds: 19
stack traceback:
ConstructionSignaler/control.lua:88: in function 'update_signaller'
ConstructionSignaler/control.lua:114: in function <ConstructionSignaler/control.lua:111>

5 years ago

I'm surprised I never ran into that before now, good find! I misunderstood that part of the API documentation, the game doesn't allow more than 18 entity types to be signaled per combinator. I've released version 0.16.3 which fixes that error. It does mean that in this situation, the signaler won't output all of the needed signals right away -- but as some parts of the blueprint are built, the remaining entity types will be signaled, so eventually everything gets signaled and built. So worst case, your train takes some extra trips, etc.

I could possibly improve this in a couple ways, like maybe split the signal requests between multiple Construction Signalers if you have more in the same logistic network. I'll think about it more.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

The game allows probably up to 64k signal slots for combinators.
Your prototype generations script just copies the base constant combinator's 18 output slots.

5 years ago

Oh perfect, thanks! I should dig more into those prototype attributes.

New response