Construction Planner Continued

by azaghal

Ghosts require player's approval before construction bots are dispatched. This gives the player improved control over what parts of the factory get built, and when.

Utilities
1 year, 6 months ago

b [FIXED] Imaginary crosses on the tile

1 year, 9 months ago

When using the mod, I tried to indicate several buildings standing on a black reinforced plate from Krastorio 2 for dismantling, and for some reason both the buildings and the plate were marked for dismantling. Moreover, the plates were marked with imaginary crosses and are not removed in any way except for manual dismantling of the tile

1 year, 9 months ago

Hello Edrinn,

Thank you for reporting the bug. Could I ask you to provide me with some extra information? :)

1. What version of Factorio, Construction Planner Continued, and Krastorio 2 are you using?

2. Does imaginary crosses refer to deconstruction markers?

3. What was the deconstruction planner configured like (filters/tiles etc) - or was it just a plain unconfigured deconstruction planner?

1 year, 9 months ago

I will be happy to provide all the information I can:

1. I use the latest versions that are available from official sources.

2. Yes, they were red crosses of deconstruction, only dimmer or even translucent.

3. The reconstruction plan was used via the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+D.

P.S. My nickname is written as Eldrinn :)

1 year, 9 months ago

Hello Eldrinn, sorry for the nickname typo, I know what it's like, trust me :)

Ok, I managed to reproduce issue even with vanilla game, and got a fix for it. There is a couple of items I still want to attend to before making a new release. One big warning - do not hit the undo once you deconstruct tiles like this at the moment - it will actually hard-crash the game (not sure if I should feel proud about this or ashamed) - at least it crashed Factorio version 1.1.61 for me.

In the meantime, you should be able to clean-up eventual mess created by this by using the /cp_cleanup command - just make sure to backup the savegame before doing so just in case. The cleanup command should try to drop bogus deconstruction orders, as well as try to remove some inconsistencies around unapproved ghost handling.

Just a small side-note - specifying actual version numbers is more useful - latest can vary based on when someone reads the report :) But... Once again, thanks for reporting the bug, and I hope you enjoy the mod - as wonky as it can get :)

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

Hello again Eldrinn, this should be fixed by the just-released update. Don't forget to run the /cp_cleanup command if you haven't done so before (and make sure to backup the save).

If you can just let me know if it fixed the issues for you, I'll then go ahead and update topic title and lock the thread :)

1 year, 9 months ago

Hello azaghal,

I used the original version of the mod for a while, then I found out about yours and after I installed it, I immediately discovered this problem and at the same moment returned to the original mod without saving the world)

1 year, 9 months ago

Hello Eldrinn,

That was probably the right call - for what it's worth I think the 1.3.0 is in a much better shape with plenty of fixes and improvements for handling unapproved ghosts should you ever feel like trying it out again. Thank you once again for reporting the bug :)

This thread has been locked.