Construction Planner

Ghosts must now be 'approved' by the player before construction bots will be dispatched. This gives the player improved control over what parts of the factory get built, and when.

Utilities
2 years ago

i Hotkey (implemented)

2 years ago

Please add a hotkey for quick selection

2 years ago

Hi, thanks for the suggestion! I've been thinking about hotkeys a bit myself recently, haven't done it before but hopefully it won't be too hard to add them. I'm thinking a hotkey for the selection tool would definitely be helpful, maybe also one for toggling the auto-approval mod setting.

2 years ago

Yes, it would be very useful. By the way, I understand that now these "ticks" are entities. Is there any option not to take into account their logistics? It's just that when there is a large number of such notifications, it rests on the computing power of the game engine itself, that is, we will only be able to see ~ 600 notifications (all the numbers are different) and this is a bit of a hindrance.
And please change the name of the topic, I made a typo :)

2 years ago

Yeah, those "ticks" you see in the logistic requests missing entities are the placeholder ghosts. The placeholders are needed for blueprinting and deconstruction of unapproved ghosts to work properly, and unfortunately it seems they have to be "buildable entities" otherwise those tools won't be able to select them. This is why they show up as missing entities in the alerts.

My thinking is that it's useful enough to be able to blueprint and deconstruct unapproved ghosts to be worth the annoyance of having to see those tickmarks in the alerts. I'd like to find a better solution, but I'm not too optimistic about it at this point in time.

2 years ago

Well, this may be useful in part. So you can immediately see how many buildings (approximately) need filling.

2 years ago

Agreed, it can sometimes be useful to see the ticks too. Ideally it could be a mod option that can be turned on/off whether to show the ticks in the logistics. But at this time I don't know of a way to do that within the limits of the mod api, maybe I'll figure something out eventually though.

2 years ago

Yes, this is something that can be done. Try contacting Earendel (author of SE), maybe he can help you.

2 years ago

Just adding my vote for an Auto-Approval option. More than a hotkey, being able to toggle it on or off would be nice.

2 years ago

Just adding my vote for an Auto-Approval option. More than a hotkey, being able to toggle it on or off would be nice.

There is already a mod option for it, if you weren't aware...it's just sort of inconvenient to get to, you have to go to game menu > mod settings > user settings tab, change the setting, click apply, etc etc. A toolbar shortcut and/or hotkey to toggle the setting should help with that.

2 years ago

There is already a mod option for it, if you weren't aware...it's just sort of inconvenient to get to, you have to go to game menu > mod settings > user settings tab, change the setting, click apply, etc etc. A toolbar shortcut and/or hotkey to toggle the setting should help with that.

I saw it mentioned, but nowhere was it clarified how to do so. I appreciate the information. Thank you!

2 years ago

Version 1.0.5 is now released, it adds a hotkey for the Construction Planner tools (default Alt+C), and both a toolbar shortcut and a hotkey for the auto-approval mod setting (default Shift + Alt + C).

2 years ago

Rockstar! Thank you, sir.

2 years ago

Thanks!

New response