Construction Planner

Ghosts must now be 'approved' by the player before construction bots will be dispatched. This gives the player improved control over what parts of the factory get built, and when.

Utilities
2 years ago

b [1.0.3] Incompatibility with creative mod instant blueprint cheat (resolved)

2 years ago

When the creative mod instant blueprint cheat is enabled this mod stops entities placed by blueprints or copy+paste from being copied or added to a blueprint.

2 years ago

Thanks for the report, I'll investigate!

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I was able to reproduce the issue. The good news is, there's a workaround - go into Mod Settings and enable the Construction Planner mod setting "Auto-approve new ghosts". After that, any newly placed entities should be blueprintable and copy/paste-able as usual.

What's happening, as best as I can tell is this: both my mod and Creative Mod are listening for a ghost to be built. My mod gets to act first, and changes the ghost force to the 'unapproved ghosts' force. Then Creative Mod acts and replaces the ghost with a real entity. But Creative Mod doesn't know to change the force back to the main player force. There's no way it could know, and I don't expect it to.

What I think I can do, is maybe my mod can listen for any real entity somehow getting built on the unapproved ghost force, and just move it back to the main player force automatically. I'll try it. In the meantime, give the workaround a try, and if it doesn't work for some reason, let me know...

2 years ago

That works great :) I'm sorry I bothered you and didn't think of doing this myself. Awesome mod, it's really helping with my space exploration save since I can now plan large factory areas much easier.

2 years ago

Not a bother, and thanks for the kind words!

Version 1.0.4 is now released, and it includes a fix for the compatibility issue. So now it shouldn't matter if you use the workaround or not.

New response