Configurable Roboport Range

by mk-fg

Allows to adjust roboport construction/logistics bot ranges via Mod Settings menu. Default ranges are 25 for logistic robots (displayed as 50x50 on roboport) and 55 for construction (110x110). Check tooltips on Mod Settings for more information.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

g Logistic network range 64?

3 years ago

Hi,
is it possible to increase the range of the logistic network on the roboport to 64?

3 years ago

Hi. Sure, just set "Roboport Logistics Range" to 64 in the mod settings (startup tab).

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hey,
thank you.
I have some feedback for you.
First, I´m very happy that someone else with more brains than me made such a mod. :-) - I have no modding capabilities.

But the documentation about how the mod works, was made by the guy with all the brains, detail information and insight. The manual of how the mod works , apears a little bit "crude" to me.
Ingame the range is mentioned on mouseover via 50x50 i.e.
One would think that the configurable options are in the same format. Instead one has to figure out, that the values are the radius in the mod menu. This requires restart of the game, load the save and then another round of thoose two.
The mod is a helper anyway but could become even more convinient to use.
The GUI would profit from mentioning that one sets the radius of the area.
Ore maybe just divide the set value by 2. And give the textbox a name like: "set area".

Furthermore the mod would profit from a detailed description in the mod download menu, ingame. As comparison, the description of the mod "robot attrition" is a fine example and represents a recource well used.

3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback and corrections.

Updated description to be less of a one-liner and hopefully give the right idea about the range/radius vs area distinction, as well as point people to tooltips on the mod settings, which should also mention (as of 0.0.7) that it's a radius and how it's displayed as area in-game.
Don't think it's possible to make a split input box for options or make robots service a non-square area easily, and doubt anyone would need it anyway.

"Radius" is a bit weird word for a square area, as at least I know it as a dimension of a circular or elliptical shape, but idk a better one anyway - "range" isn't right either, and "half-side" is just terrible :)

3 years ago

Hey,
cool that you responded so fast. I checked the changes out soon after but only have time for feedback now. The descriptions are way more easily accessible now. Thank you. :-)

New response