Concreep

by Mylon

Roboports automatically place concrete within their reach.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Logistic network

g Concreep and Better bots technologies mod?

4 years ago

Hi, I love concreep, and it used to work with my previous favourite robopole, but now I've changed to Better Bots, and it doesn't seem to be working? Is that likely, or is it something I'm not doing?

thanks!

4 years ago

The mod might have swapped your roboports. Try picking them up and placing them back down to restart the concreep process.

4 years ago

Hi, thanks very much for the reply! I tried just picking up a roboport on grass, and then placing it down again, and nothing. I tried placing a new roboport on a 20x20 square pad of concrete, and still nothing.

Is there anything else I can do to give a clue as to what's happening? I notice the roboports have Better Bots Technologies written under their name in the info window - is it possible they're not called roboports anymore, and your mod only applies to items called roboports, or something along those lines?

4 years ago

The mod checks based on entity type, not entity name. It only checks 2 roboports per second, and only tries to lay down some concrete over the section so it can take some time before a specific roboport is checked and it finds empty space to place tiles. If added to a late game base, it can take a few hours to concreep your base, even with adequate supplies.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Just to avoid confusion, this is a new game, I didn't change mods mid way through a game...

If there's no concrete under a roboport when the port is placed, does concreep place some seed concrete or not?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi chrisbitz,
I have encountered the same issue and was trying to find a fix for it.
Apparently the mod does trigger the validate roboport function when a construction bot from the network places the port. However, when you place it yourself or one of your personal bots places the port.. the event is not triggered! Hence the port is not known to the concreep mod.

My current workaround is to disable personal port and place all roboports as ghosts, so they are constructed by the network. I'm looking into the real cause of the problem and will update when I find something :(

4 years ago

I found the issue!
Its Better Bots Technologies that overwrites the events or something and causes other mods not to trigger. I created a patch for better-bots version 1.3.5 that works with Concreep:
https://github.com/Vikko/better-bots-technologies

4 years ago

That's amazing CptJack! THanks very much, unfortunately, I get an error when starting, I presume as I've just started using v0.18? But it's great to have a workaround though!

4 years ago

I tested this version on 0.18.16, not sure about other versions.. it's a quick hack that may not be compatible with other beta's :)

New response