Color Combinator Lamp Posts

by mk-fg

Adds small always-on smart lamp posts with built-in color selection on click. They have customizable light/glow parameters, and can optionally use some extra colors.

Utilities
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1

i Just the lamp post?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Would it be possible to do a fully blueprint safe version that doesn't include the combinator?

The lamp post istelf looks really cool.

3 years ago

But lamp post with combinator is perfectly "safe" too. Not sure what you mean by that word though.
I'll probably add blueprint serialization as well, shouldn't be too tricky with just one signal.

3 years ago

Fixed copying signal (or hidden combinator as-is, rather) to blueprints too in 0.0.3.

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

The selection boxes are different for the two entities (the lamp post vs. lamp data) so you can accidentally blueprint one rather than both, and the instant building in the map editor loses the copy-paste / configuration capability in weird ways [as a result?].

Very cute mod but the inconsistencies with blueprinting of the hidden combinators remain!

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

Yeah, iirc it can be done better in general, having in-game blueprint selection ignore combinator, but store/restore this trivial state in blueprint tags instead.
I didn't know about that hack, but shouldn't be hard to change, and without breaking any existing blueprints with these lamps.
Maybe someday, like if I'll get back to playing factorio after expansion.

New response