MadClown01's Processing

- Sand sluicing for platinum, chrome, gold etc featuring original graphics - Uranium processing chain, in the style of Angel's Smelting - Phosphorus processing to fertilizer, (crafting base for phosphorus munitions) - Garden mutation from other types of gardens, using radioactive material - Mercury filtering from thermal water - Neurotoxin production - Catalytic electrolysis & air filtering to generate large amounts of oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen -Osmium smelting -Depleted uranium smelting -Advanced Centrifuging

4 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

g [Working as Intended] Magnesium Duplication Loop in Advanced Titanium Smelting 3

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Factorio 0.17.79
Madclown's Processing 1.3.6
Angel's Smelting 0.5.7 / Angel's Refining 0.10.14

Setting up a Titanium Ingot setup using the Madclown-added alternate recipe (6x Magnesium Ingot + 8x Titanium Pellet => 24x Titanium Ingot + 6x Magnesium Ore) results in a rather hilarious doubling of the Magnesium consumed by the recipe, at the cost of a tiny bit of Coal and Hydrochloric Acid

(I originally started looking at this when I saw that the MadClown recipe could be looped with the regular Titanium recipe, by feeding Calcium Chloride and Limestone back and forth. While I like that feature... It's probably also another balance issue that in order to match CaCl / Limestone inputs and outputs, the MadClown recipe needs to be running at 13x the rate of the Angel's recipe. That also could use toning down.)

Screenshot of the setup, displayed by Helmod, which demonstrates both issues. Key points are the 2.77 Magnesium excess output (the duplication), and the 7.7% rate which the top recipe runs at (the 13x rate issue).
https://imgur.com/a/9wX2mNe

4 years ago

this looks fine :D
I kept that in since the original plan was to have magnesium only be produced from this recipe and sluicing to kick-start it.
I helped clown come up with the cyclic recipe as a way of integrating it with some fun puzzles with titanium.
I am sure you will have no issues finding a use for it ;)